MUST KNOWS ABOUT THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Did you know that the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, affectionately known as the DR, is centrally located in the middle of the Caribbean, and has the Atlantic Ocean on its north coast and the Caribbean Sea on its south coast?
Did you know that DOMINICAN REPUBLIC has the second longest coastline in the Caribbean after Cuba, is the second largest nation in the Caribbean after Cuba in terms of size (19,000 sq mi), and is the third largest in terms of population (10.63 million) after Cuba and Haiti?
Did you know that the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is on target to receive a record-breaking 10 million visitors for 2023.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC STATISTICS
• #1 Tourist destination for the Caribbean
• #1 Golf destination for the Caribbean & Latin America
• Fastest growing economy in its region for the past 10 years
• Most stable economy in its region for the past 10 years
• 2nd. largest goldmine in the world (Pueblo Viejo mine)
• 2nd. largest country in the Caribbean by size after Cuba (19,000 sq mi)
• 3rd. largest country in the Caribbean by population (10.63 million)
• 7th. largest economy in Latin America
REAL ESTATE investment opportunities in the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC are backed by a solid infrastructure, steady economic growth, and investment-friendly legislation for foreigners—cementing the DR's position as the best place to invest in real estate in the Caribbean.
3 IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT FOREIGNERS BUYING REAL ESTATE IN THE DR:
To buy property in the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC you only need two valid government IDs from your country of origin e.g. a valid passport and a valid driver's license—yes even as a foreigner!
There are NO restrictions or limitations of any type for foreigners to buy real estate in the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Actually, foreigners have the same benefits and privileges as Dominicans buying property in their country!
BELOW ARE A FEW INTERESTING VIDEOS ABOUT THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
What is the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC best know for?
1. With seven international airports, PARADISE has never been closer i.e. by air the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is only two hours south of Miami, less than four hours from New York, and only around eight hours from most European cities.
2. The DR has a SENSATIONAL COMBINATION of beautiful beaches, great people, rhythmic music, and delicious food that captivates its visitors reenergizing them to create memories that last a lifetime!
3. The island has great biological diversity, in addition to a fantastic climate with an average temperature of 78.8°F. Culturally sports and music are very important, with MERENGUE and BACHATA being the national rhythms and fuel to the yearly Dominican Carnival. Baseball is the favorite sport although the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is also home to 26 world-class golf courses sprinkled in different areas of the country.
4. Over the years the DR has also earned worldwide recognition for its CIGARS produced primarily in EL CIBOA, which is the green area on the adjacent map.
CARNIVAL IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
The DOMINICAN CARNIVAL is the most vibrant celebration of the Dominican culture!
Overwhelmingly the most vibrant celebration of the Dominican culture is "EL CARNAVAL DOMINICANO." It is the time when people of all ages and from all regions take to the streets to enjoy some of the most beautiful and festive parades in the world
The CARNIVAL in the DR is a celebration that takes place in seven different cities throughout the island every Sunday for the month preceding Lent season (which usually falls in February).
The merriest event is the Final National Carnival Parade held in the capital SANTO DOMINGO on the first Sunday of March, in co-celebration with the Dominican Independence Day, which is February 27. That day the celebrations in SANTO DOMINGO include a large military display with the Dominican air force, navy, and army along with carnival groups from all around the DR for one last fiesta along the city’s Malecón waterfront boulevard.
MORE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
► The COST OF LIVING in the DR is among the lowest in the Caribbean, and is a fraction of that in North America i.e. if the home and car are paid off, a couple can live on 2,000 US$ a month—food 600 US$, electricity 75 US$, health insurance 100 US$/ea, cell phone service 50 US$/ea, home cable/internet is 50 US$, gasoline 200 US$, house cleaning 100 US$, entertainment 250 = 1,575 US$.
► The DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is also the most diverse country in the region known for its friendly and hospitable people, vibrant culture, delicious gastronomy, lush nature, rhythmic music, and interesting history.
► The DOMINICAN REPUBLIC boasts 800 mi (1,288 km) of coastline with more hotel rooms and 5-star resorts than any other country in the Caribbean!
Interesting montage of pictures all about the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
...music, carnival, people, historic places, gastronomy, beaches, and much more!
Learn all about the traditions of the DOMINICAN CARNIVAL and the CARNIVAL MASKS.
The carnival is the most vibrant celebration of the Dominican culture known as "CARNAVAL DOMINICANO"
TOP 10 PLACES TO VISIT IN
THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
The DR is the #1 Caribbean destination
known for its beautiful beaches,
fascinating culture, and delicious gastronomy.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE INTERESTING VIDEOS ABOUT THE DR.